LB Short Stay
Stay with us to recover and regain your strength after a surgery, injury or major illness. Our highly trained therapy staff on-site at LB Short Stay delivers rehabilitation services allowing you the recuperation you need to make your transition from hospital to home go smoothly. In the spirit of teamwork, one of our five core values, our interdisciplinary team makes sure every medical professional involved in your care is on the same page. We’re here to get you well and guide you, so you stay healthy and avoid future trips to the emergency room. In fact, our re-hospitalization rate following discharge is significantly lower than state & national averages.
Our LB Short Stay services can benefit all types of situations. Here are just a few of the reasons people stay with us to receive the care they need:
- Hip fractures
- Heart attack & stroke
- Back & joint pain
- Respiratory issues
- Urinary tract infections
- Wound care
- Respite care
To learn more if LB Short Stay would be a good fit for you and your situation, contact us. We’re just a phone call away.
Our interdisciplinary team of medical professionals ensures your up-to-date medical information is communicated consistently to everyone involved in your care, including your doctor. We offer:
- 24-hour skilled nursing care to give you the support you need around the clock
- Personalized care coordination with comprehensive evaluations to create an appropriate, effective plan of care
- On-site therapy department to provide occupational, physical and speech therapy
- Intravenous (IV) care to safely carry out doctor orders regarding fluid and medication delivery
- Wound care with the optional use of a wound VAC (vacuum assisted closure) if needed
- Spiritual care with Bible studies, church services and chaplaincy support
Our certified therapists from Aegis Therapies provide physical, occupational and speech therapy. They have extensive knowledge and receive specialized training unique to LB Homes. Our therapy department is on-site, so you get the rehabilitation you need without having to travel outside the facility. Whether you need inpatient or outpatient care, our warm surroundings and friendly atmosphere allow you to recover in peace and comfort. We offer:
- Physical Therapy to bring back strength and range of motion. Our Doctor of Physical Therapy on staff brings a high level of expertise and oversees the physical therapy plans for our patients.
- Occupational Therapy to practice day-to-day functional tasks. We have specialists certified in GEM (Geriatric Evaluation & Management) as well as therapy involving lymphedema.
- Speech Therapy to work on breathing and speaking techniques. After an injury, our speech therapy staff can also work with you to restore cognitive performance or even swallowing functions.
- Available for both Inpatient & Outpatient Care
And, if you need to receive additional rehabilitation/therapy services following your stay with us, you can request LB Home Care and the same team of therapists from LB Short Stay will continue working with you at home.
In addition to our exceptional care services, we offer many other features that make you feel right at home during your stay with us. Amenities include:
- Spacious rooms with private bathrooms
- Bathing spa with soothing radiant heat
- 3 chef-designed meals served every day
- Private family dining area available
- Comfortable gathering spaces to visit with family and friends
- Flat screen TV with cable in each room
- Wireless internet access
LB Short Stay is available for adults of all ages. Financial support for LB Short Stay services may be available through Medicare (including Medicare replacement plans), Medicaid, or certain private insurance plans. Our care coordinator will speak with you beforehand to help you find the payment option that is right for you.