LB Home Care
Helping individuals remain living independently and safely at home. Our focus is to provide quality services that help you reach your best possible level of function and keep you actively participating in community life. Taking advantage of our home healthcare services can help reduce medical costs with less time in the hospital and quicker recovery time after hospitalization. People of all ages can benefit from LB Home Care, including those who:
- Received a new diagnosis or a complication of a chronic illness
- Were recently discharged from a hospital, nursing home, or short stay rehab unit
- Are recovering from surgery or major illness
- Need medication management and education
- Require assistance with bathing, wound care, or IV therapy (for antibiotics, hydration or intravenous nutrition)
We accept referrals from hospitals, continuing care facilities, physicians, community agencies, patients, and family or friends.
We are a Medicare Certified Home Care Agency.
Our goal is to keep you at home longer with your loved ones and avoid rehospitalizations and emergency room visits. Our interdisciplinary team provides a wide range of services to meet your home healthcare needs:
- Primary Physician – Our staff is in regular contact with the patient’s primary physician to receive orders and/or directions for care.
- Nurses – Our nurses assess and monitor patient health as well as provide valuable education and exceptional care at home for:
- Managing illness
- Wound care
- Infection control
- Home safety
- Certain medication management services
- IV therapy
- Therapists – We offer physical, occupational and speech therapy to improve and restore skills that were lost or diminished due to illness or accident. Following discharge from our LB Short Stay, patients can request further rehabilitation/therapy services through LB Home Care and continue working with the same team of therapists at home.
- Medical Social Workers – Our social workers help patients and their families adjust to problems associated with health needs, such as dealing with financial concerns, locating community resources, or obtaining needed medical equipment.
- Home Health Aides – Under the supervision of a registered nurse, our home health aides provide periodic personal care, light meal preparation and housekeeping, and give verbal or visual reminders for performing scheduled treatments and exercises.
- LB Connect – We offer an additional option for patients to utilize our LB Connect remote patient monitoring technology in conjunction with our home care services. With LB Connect, patients can track health information, such as blood pressure and oxygen saturation, and send it to our staff at LB Home Care, who interpret the data and respond accordingly to health fluctuations.
Depending on medical diagnosis and needs, Home Health Care services may be covered by private insurance, Medicare and Medicaid, major commercial insurance, HMO, PPO, and self pay.
To qualify for covered services utilizing Medicare insurance, a person must need part-time skilled nursing services under physician’s orders and be considered “homebound.” Keep in mind, many factors determine homebound status, so being classified as homebound doesn’t necessarily equate to being bedridden or stuck at home. Prior to admission, we gather information to determine if you meet these qualifications.
- Medicare covers part-time skilled health services including skilled nursing care, physical, occupational and speech therapy as well as medical social services and home health aide services.
- Medicare does not cover full-time nursing care at home, medications, general housekeeping services, blood transfusions, or custodial care.
Give us a call to arrange a meeting for further explanation of services and benefits. We can also start this process based on a referral from your healthcare provider. There is no charge or obligation on the part of the patient or the family for this meeting, and we can schedule it now in preparation for admission at a later day.
LB Homes and Affiliates complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.