Hospice is specialized care designed for within the last six months of a person's life. Anyone of any age with any life-limiting disease or condition can receive services.
What does Lakeland Hospice offer?
- Choices and support to patients, families and loved ones
- Control of pain and other symptoms
- Spiritual and emotional support
- Home Health Aides
- The ability to stay at home or wherever patients are comfortable
Requirements for admission:
- The patient should have a diagnosis of a serious illness with a prognosis not expected to be longer than six months if the disease takes its normal course
- That the patient receive physician approval
- The desire for pain and symptom control with a focus on quality of life
- That the patient live within our service area. Please call for details on where we serve.
Lakeland Hospice Services
- Nursing care is provided with personal visits and an on-call nurse available 24 hours a day / seven days a week.
- Social workers assist with the everyday stresses while connecting families with community resources to help with potential legal, financial and insurance issues.
- Hospice aides are available for patient's personal care
- Medications, equipment and supplies directly related to hospice diagnosis are provided
- Spiritual care is offered as needed to help deal with end-of-life issues
- Volunteers can provide companionship and relief for caregivers
How can I learn more about signing up for services?
Call (218) 998-1400. We serve all of Otter Tail and Grant Counties as well as portions of the surrounding counties and communities in West Central Minnesota. Please call for further information on our service area.